Thursday, July 10, 2008

updates

Wow! It has been too long. The children I watch during the the summer holidays are going to help me to keep an updated blog. If I make them to work they can certainly keep me accountable. Today the kids and I are trying to find how to make a bird feeder using a pop bottle. This has become rather tricky. I have lost my camera so putting a picture up of the final project may be delayed.
Last night was the visitation for my friend Nancy's father. I have known this family for approximately twenty years. May and Doc are her parents and I was trying to figure out how many years they were married. I think it was at least 65 years! They were truly a couple that was in love. As May says, "There wasn't a mean bone in Doc's body!" He was such a wonderful person. Doc was also a former POW from WWII. That is a story I will have to write when I have all of the facts straight. I do know that there was a time when May was pregnant and a telegram came that Doc was missing in action. Which implies that he was missing dead. She gave birth and of course Doc did not know that he had a son. I can't imagine what they went through. They seem to have lived a life of not wanting to miss out on the important things and appreciation every moment. May is having a difficult time remembering and putting things together but this is traumatic.
Enjoy the breath and life that was given to you today!

No comments: